Monday, September 13, 2010

Giity's frame done, Bammy's waiting, Jeff's & Manzo's still at spectrum, some hard handcycling / out of here for two weeks, back 10-1 / build queue.

Gitty's frame at inception. back on the blog just in time to split for two weeks to see my family in Oregon, it's been a few years & my Mom has been fighting cancer, so I need to go see everyone up there, and D. is doing this race: www.fat55.com We will be out of touch for the most part, but I will try to check my e-mail a few times during the trip.
"witness marks"

Seat stays all brazed, bent, trimmed & ready for mitering on my very fine Anvil fixture.

Gitty's frame tacked & waiting to be fillet brazed once the seat stays are tacked on, alignment is checked, and the SS brace is carved & tacked in.

all brazed, out of the dunktank to remove flux, and ready for polishing.

fast forward ten hours of hard labor & you have a fully polished frame ready for braze-ons.

Bammy's frame is a fine aquamarine. I like it. we come back to town at the same time & we are going to assemble it together. I have about three assemblies with clients when I return.

Denise's hard work on the yards is paying off, we have had 10's of thousand of flowers all summer. the back yard is still rocking!

Currant + some different kind of sunflower with thin leaves that outlasts the others. likely imported by the millions of song birds the flowers attract.

finally did some vastly needed work on my one-off. with the armor stripped off you can better see the operation of the rig - it's kind of similar to a tandem.

A beautiful view during a very hard ride. our beloved San Francisco Peaks.

hard, damn hard. very, very worth it! "the loneliest sport"

this gives you an idea of the degree of difficulty - there was lots of this. kept the rubber side down the whole way, however!

I like the seldom used routes. less dust!

the flowers are generally winding down, although some species like purple asters are just coming out. Indian paintbrush here.

even a few nice Columbine if you look hard enough.
Steep finish!

OK - that's it for now. Katie B.from Tucson is missing {drop me an e-mail if you get this, please} so when I return Mike G. is up, followed by his wife Lainie J. Then Barry W, {connect with me too, please - I'll call you when I return} then, Shawn McF., Kenny C., Pete M., Ed H., Hanna, Amy P., TS., Christie D., Alisha, Jeffrey K., Mike B., John G., Nick K., Jason M., Thom C., Mary B. That's the whole queue. leaving Tues. afternoon, see you all in Oct! - Steve.

3 comments:

Mimbres Man said...

Nice color on Bammy's frame.
Nice frontal pic on the trail.

gabe said...

Is it me or does that BB look really wide? Kinda like one you'd use on a snow bike.....

steve garro said...

Gabe - it's a 73mm. I use 73's on all my bikes unless they use road cranks - smoke on, Gabe!